What is Norton Login?
Norton is an industry-leading software that provides digital security to various products. It serves its customers with real-time protection and various comprehensive products. Its utmost protection and user-friendly interface made this product an award-winning security tool. For using the various features of Norton antivirus, you must have a Norton account. For this, go through the given Norton Login procedure and then, you can download and install your product using your account.
Norton Account is a portal which allows you to manage your Norton application from a single window. With the help of a Norton account, you can purchase the Norton product, download and install Norton, manage your Subscription details, find your subscription details, upgrade security features, and much more. For managing your software, you must have to create and log in to your Norton account.
Norton Account Creation
Follow the given steps carefully for creating your Norton account.
- Firstly, open a preferred web browser.
- Go to the official website of Norton.
- Then, click the “Sign In” option. You can locate this option on the upper-right corner of your Norton homepage.
- After that, click “Create an Account” option. You can find this option next to the Sign In tab.
- Now, in the next window, enter all the required information in their respective fields. Firstly, enter your email id which you want to link with your Norton account. This will help in the access to your Norton account.
- In the next field, re-enter your email address for confirmation.
- After that, create a strong and unique password. While creating the password, keep in mind the below-mentioned specifications:
- Password must be 8 characters or longer
- Must include upper and lower case letters
- Use at least 1 number and 1 symbol
Make sure that the “Strength” tab shows green color and password must show “Strong”.
- Further, enter your “First name” and “Last name” in their respective fields.
- In the next field, enter your mobile number. This is an optional step. Although, if you provide a phone number, then, you will get important information more quickly and it will also help in getting effective customer support.
- Then, select the country you are living in.
- Next, if you want Norton to send you the updates, offers and security newsletters on the email address you have provided; then click the checkbox.
This is required as on confirming the account creation, Norton will automatically consider that you agree to the policy. Hence, you must read the policy carefully.
- Finally, click the “Create Account” button.
- Now, you will receive a mail on your registered email address for verification.
- Open the mail you have received and click the link provided in it.
This will successfully create and verify your Norton account.
After creating your Norton account, you can use the provided email address and password for logging in to your account. For Norton login, follow the given process carefully.
- First of all, open a web browser.
- Then, head to the official website of Norton antivirus.
- From the homepage, click “Sign In” option. You will get this option on the upper-right corner of the screen.
- This will take you to the Sign-in window.
- Now, enter the required information in the respective fields. Following is the information you have to provide:
- Email Address: In the first tab, enter the email address that is linked with your Norton account.
- Password: After that, type the password that you have used while creating your account.
- Then, tick mark the checkbox next to “Remember me on this device” option. This will save your login credentials for future Norton login. But, this is an optional step. You can also move further to the next step without tick marking the checkbox.
- Lastly, click the “Sign In” button.
Norton Login Troubleshooting
While logging in to your Norton account, you may get the login error. This can be because of various reasons like:
- Entered incorrect credentials
- Forgotten your Norton password
- Internet connectivity issues
- Incorrect password got saved in Password Manager and much more.
These are some common reasons behind the login error. For resolving the login errors, you must follow the below-given troubleshooting steps carefully.
Check your Login Credentials you Have Entered
Entering incorrect login credentials is the most common reason for login error. Hence, before moving further, you first have to check the details you have entered. Make sure that the login details are case sensitive. Even a single extra space might show the login error. Hence, you must be very careful while entering the credentials.
Always enter your complete email address in lower case. While password must exactly match the one that you have created.
Reset your Password
- Open your internet browser.
- Go to the official website of Norton antivirus.
- Then, click “Sign in” tab from the top-right corner of the screen.
- In the sign-in window, click “Having trouble signing in?” option. You will get this option below the Sign-in button.
- In the next window, provide your email address.
- Then, click the “Continue” button.
- Next, if the email address is associated with an existing Norton account, then you will receive a password reset mail.
- Now, open the mail you have received and click the “Reset Password” button.
- In the next window, type the new password for your Norton account.
- Next, re-enter the same password in the next field in order to confirm it.
- Then, click “Reset Password”.
Fixing Connectivity Issue
- Firstly, turn off your router.
- Now, make sure that all wires are connected properly.
- Then, wait for a few minutes.
- Again Turn on your Wi-Fi router.
- Make the required setting for enabling your router on your device.
Deleting the Incorrect Password from Password Manager
- First of all, open your Norton application on your device.
- From the home screen, click “Offline Security” option.
- Now, from the extended list, select “Password Manager”.
- After that, you are required to open the Vault, for this, provide the “Vault Password” and click “Open”.
- In your Norton Password Manager window, click “Login” option from the left panel.
- Now, it will open the list of the saved passwords.
- Select the Norton password that you want to remove from the password manager.
- In the next window, hit the “Delete” option.
- Then, click “Yes” from the popup box to confirm the removing of the saved password.
After the account creation and Norton login, the next step is to download and install your Norton product on your device. For this look at the below mentioned procedures and follow the process step-by-step.
Before you start with the downloading, you first have to purchase your desired product from the official website of Norton.
Download the Norton Application
- Firstly, open a web browser and visit the official website of Norton.
- Then, head to the login window by clicking the Sign-in option.
- In the next window, enter your login credentials and click “Sign in” button.
- Now, enter your Product Key in the required field.
You will find this key in the confirmation mail which you have received on the purchase of the product.
- Then, click the Arrow button.
- Lastly, you have to click “Agree and Download” option.
- This will start the Norton download process.
Install the Download Norton File
- Open the Downloads Folder.
- Double-click the downloaded setup file.
- If prompted, then click “Yes” for allowing the application to make the necessary changes.
- In the next window, read the “Norton License Agreement” and agree to it by clicking the “Agree & Install” button.
- Now, Mac users are required to enter their Mac administrator username and password.
- Now, your installation process will start.
- Wait until the Norton gets successfully installed on your device.
- Lastly, click the “Close” button in order to come out of the installation window.
This will successfully completed the download, installation, and activation of your Norton software. Now, you can use its ultimate protection for providing your device a complete security.