Norton is a comprehensive application that offers remarkable security solutions to protect your system and data from all the cyber threats. Being a technology, it might also show you some errors that can hinder the smooth working of the Norton application. In such scenarios, you have to reinstall the application on your device. Norton Reinstall will remove the installed application and then install it again. Many times this helps you in fixing the error.
How To Uninstall Norton?
For Norton Reinstall, you first have to uninstall the Norton application that is installed on your device. For uninstallation, follow the process given below. Make sure you follow each step carefully to avoid errors.
- Tap the Start Menu icon> Control Panel> Programs> Programs and Features.
- In the next window, you will get a list of all the applications that are installed on your device. Here, search your installed Norton application.
- Then, right-click the application.
- This will open an extended list. From the list, choose the “Uninstall” option.
- Open the Norton application on your Mac device.
- In the window, click the “Norton Security” option which is located on the top-left corner of the menu bar.
- From the extended menu, click the “Uninstall” option.
- Again select the “Uninstall” tab from the dialog box.
- If prompter, to confirm the uninstallation process, provide your Mac administrator username and password.
- This will begin the uninstallation process. Once the process gets completed, hit the “Restart” tab.
Norton Reinstall Procedure
After the uninstallation, the next step is to reinstall the application on your device. For this, you first have to access the setup file of the Norton. You can find your setup file either in the Downloads folder or the location where you have saved the setup file. In case, your “setup file” is not there, then you have to download it again. For downloading, you will get the link in the confirmation mail that you had received after the purchase. Also, you will get the link in your Norton account. After accessing the setup file, the next step is to re-install the application. For this, follow the process given below.
- Firstly, double-click the Norton setup file.
- Then, you will get a popup box asking you to allow the application to run on your computing device. Here, click the “Run” button to move further.
- You will also get a User Account Control prompt on your screen. This is to ask you to permit the application to make the required changes on your screen. For permitting, click the “Yes” tab.
- After that, the License Agreement window will appear. You must read the document carefully before moving further. For accessing the document, click the link provided there. Once you are done with reading, you have to agree with the terms and conditions by clicking the “Agree and Install” tab.
- Meanwhile, you will get a popup box to enter your administrative username and password, if you are a Mac user. Enter the credentials and click the “Install” tab.
- By doing so, Norton will start installing on your device. This is a time-consuming process. Hence, wait until the process gets completed successfully.
After the completion of the Norton Reinstall process, you have to activate your Norton’s subscription for enjoying all the premium features. For Norton Reinstall, you have to use the old key code that you have received after the purchase of the Norton Subscription.